THE father of Amy Fitzpatrick believes his son was about to share new information on her disappearance before he was stabbed to death.
Christopher Fitzpatrick, 47, has revealed that Dean, 23, opened up to him about his sister in the days leading up to his death.
“The last couple of days he was confiding in me quite a lot about Amy,” said Fitzpatrick.
“He was loosening up in the last week and a half,” he added.
Dean’s stepdad, Dave Mahon, has admitted the stabbing but denies it was murder.
Mahon, 42, was arrested last week after presenting himself at a local police station in Dublin.
The former Calahonda estate agent told police the killing was an accident and he was acting in self-defence.
Fitzpatrick’s aunt, Christine Kenny, who in 2011 worked closely with the Olive Press to investigate his sister’s disappearance, said: “All we want is Dean’s body to be released but we have to go by the law and whatever the police have to do, they have to do it.
“They’re doing a fantastic job. They’re not going to leave any stone unturned.”
“We believe that Dean’s death might now bring about some new information about Amy,” she added.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36