A MARBELLA man has been arrested after claiming his car was stolen.
Police have charged the driver for presenting a false report of the theft of the vehicle.
The defendant told police that the car keys had been stolen and the car had vanished.
When the police located the vehicle they discovered it had been driven into a wall – which had triggered the airbag.
On further inspection of the ‘victim’ the police discovered that he had fibres from the airbag on his shirt, and that the vehicle was a rental.
The man was breathalised and was over the alcohol limit, on his arrest he admitted that he had caused the damage to the car in a bid to escape culpability.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27