WE have worked incredibly hard over the last two years to make sure that the Olive Press is not just seen as a printed newspaper.
By ensuring original content goes up daily onto our website www.theolivepress.es and by reflecting and reacting to big events – we have become THE key local news website for many expats around Spain.
Whether this means being the first English site to post a video of the Galicia train crash, the only site to update the current Gibraltar situation on the hour, or just posting a quirky off-beat blogging post, we are proud of our endeavours.
It is already getting us over 250,000 visitors a month and it is great news that our hard work has just been recognised in an awards ceremony for global expat sites.
To beat The Telegraph’s popular and frequently updated site to silver and to see Sur in English and the EuroWeekly News miles out of the medals table is a real honour.
Next year we are aiming for gold!
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33