THE long-running saga of the lack of a sewage treatment plant in Nerja on the Costa del Sol has been highlighted in a video posted to YouTube by Chris Barrett.
Nerja’s ‘turd catcher’ features prominently in the online clip.
The Brit states on the video, “Nerja has Blue Flag beaches but venture into the sea at your peril. 45,000 still wait for sewage plant.
“Malaga will reach its target of zero raw sewage dumping in 2015. This was the message of optimism sent out by Environment Minister Rosa Aguilar, and the head of the Environment Department at the Junta de Andalucía, Jose Juan Díaz Trillo.”
Chris adds, “Just keep your mouth shut when you swim for the next few years!”
A €23 million contract was awarded to constructors Corsan-Corviam-Isolux back in October 2012 although the plan still had to be approved by the Environment Ministry before construction could begin.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33