A NEW festival celebrating all things aquatic is taking place in Almunecar this weekend.
School children will kick start the event on Friday October 25 with the release of turtles into the sea at the La Herradura beach.
A sealife exhibit, including an aquarium, will open on the Saturday at the town hall, while a number of ocean experts will be giving talks in both English and Spanish in the Civic Theatre in the first half of the day.
A special ceremony in honour of the sea will take place on the beach in the afternoon, followed by a meal in La Cochera.
Jellyfish expert Karen will launch the final day’s proceedings, which include a range of talks and children’s activities.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40