SPANISH company Torres is to release a limited edition cava in 2015 which it plans to distribute in China.
Torres will initially make just under 5,000 cases of the new cava per year and will market it as a premium product across the Asian markets.
The announcement follows a recent increase in the market share of Spanish wine in China, ground which has been gained at the expense of French counterparts.
Exports of Spanish wines surged 40 percent year-on-year in China in the first half of the year according to Chinese customs reports, and the country is now the third-biggest exporter of bottled wine to the lucrative Chinese market.
Find out about Cordoba’s award-winning offering here.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40