AN earthquake hit the Straights of Gibraltar last night.
The earth shook at around 10pm, and had a magnitude of three.
It is the second quake the area has experienced in the past two weeks.
One local resident said: “My sofa shook and so did the metal spiral staircase outside our house. Our neighbours felt it too!”
Last week the Junta announced it was making emergency earthquake plans after experts significantly increased the risk factor in the region.
Seismologists have identified a number of earthquake hotspots, including Malaga and Antequera.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40