THE 2014 Gumball 3000 motor rally will finish on Spanish soil. The annual event, which was founded in 1999, will start in Miami Florida and finish in Ibiza.
Competitors will enjoy a road trip adventure across 3,000 miles of public roads.
A total 120 mostly exotic and powerful sports cars compete in the rally, although there is some lightheartedness with vehicles like police cars and camper vans also taking place.
There is no official time keeping, and prizes are awarded for such things as bad behaviour, enthusiasm, and back seat driving rather than being the fastest.
The route of the rally changes every year.
Leaving Miami on May 29th next year, the cars will cruise through Florida, towards Georgia and Atlanta, then on to New York. All 120 super cars will then be loaded onto cargo planes and flown to Scotland, with their drivers following in private jets.
Roaring south from Scotland to London, the participants will then cross the channel to Paris, driving through France and Spain until they reach Barcelona. From there, the home stretch is just a short drive and ferry ride to the finish line in Ibiza.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40