THE Spanish car manufacturing industry has continued to show signs of recovery – despite the economy registering a drop in overall manufacturing for November.
The manufacturing industry had reported 0.8% growth in September – the first positive figure to emerge in a year, according to the National Statistics Institute.
But although industrial production dropped by 0.8% in October, compared to the same month last year, the fall is lower than in previous years.
And the motor manufacturing industry is already showing signs of recovery, which is up 30.7% since 2012 – the largest increase in three years.
Sales to private customers rose 33% in November and accumulated a rise of 16.3% in the full year.
Experts put the increase down to the industry’s success in the export market.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30