THE new royal nanny looking after Prince George – William and Kate’s son – is on a Spanish town hall’s ‘name and shame’ list for failing to pay tax.
Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, 43, has been appointed to keep Great Britain’s royal prince in check but it appears she was far from perfect when living in her native Spain.
Palencia town hall, in northern Spain, lists her as failing to pay tax for two years between May 2007 and July 2008. She has since settled the debts but her name remains on the list.
The revelations in the Daily Mirror are bound to cause embarrassment for Miss Borrallo, who only started work a few weeks ago following an intensive and lengthy interview process.
She was placed on the register – the Official Provincial Gazette – after several failed attempts to make her pay the IBI tax, which is the Spanish equivalent of council tax.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44