UK police are still investigating the disappearance of a British tourist, who has vanished having taken out four large cash withdrawals over four days in Andalucia.
Derbyshire police have called in Interpol, and contacted the Olive Press, to help with the search of Andrew Cunningham, 47.
It comes after his parents alerted them that he had made four large cash withdrawals at cashpoints in Chiclana de la Frontera on April 7, 8, 9 and 10 – totaling €2,050.
His family have asked Olive Press readers to help locate him after trying to contact him by phone, text and email without success.
The British consulate in Malaga has confirmed that Andrew is not in any of the region’s hospitals or jails.
Andrew, who had allegedly spent time in the well known alternative hang out of Canos de Meca, near Vejer, is travelling in his motorhome (number plate D406 URP). He had based himself in Roche, south of Chiclana.
“Andy is a very laid back guy, and tends to eke out what money he has to prolong the time he can spend in Andalucia. So no night clubs and jet set lifestyle,” said his father Richard.
“We must assume that his cards, mobile phone and laptop have been taken”
His family last had contact with Andrew on April 4 by text message, when he did not mention any need for large cash withdrawals.
But on April 15 they discovered the four withdrawals by checking the online account which he shares with his mother.
Derbyshire police are checking CCTV footage to see who made the withdrawals, and have also asked Interpol to operate the number plate recognition system for his motorhome.
If you think you have any information, contact [email protected]
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44