THE Slovakian model accused of murdering ex-boyfriend jeweller Andrew Bush on the Costa del Sol has appeared before a Spanish Judge for the first time.
Mayka Kukucova, 24, was extradited from Slovakia for the homicide hearing in Estepona.
She is thought to have been remanded in a women’s jail in Alhaurin de la Torre, near Malaga.
Bristol-based Bush, 48, was shot dead at his rented villa in Cancelada in April, upon returning from a holiday with his new girlfriend.
Maria Korotaeva, a student at the University of West England, was told to wait at the door by Mayka when she opened the door to them.
She then fled the scene and called the police after hearing shots fired, also claiming to see Mayka driving away in Bush’s Hummer.
The model had apparently been lying in wait at the villa for two days, hoping to confront him over her alleged ‘pregnancy’.
She turned herself into a Slovakian police station as police launched an international hunt for her.
Homicide carries a maximum sentence of 15 years in Spain.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44