SPANISH singing sensation Isabel Pantoja has been handed a deadline of ten days to pay a hefty fine and report to prison, after being charged with money laundering last April.
The Sevilla-born singer, along with five others, must report for her jail sentence voluntarily or face being arrested and taken by force.
Pantoja was found guilty of laundering money for former lover and mayor of Marbella, Julian Munoz. She was sentenced to two years imprisonment and a €1.15 million fine.
Now that the appeals period has been exhausted, the group have been issued with the decree and a warning that six extra months will be added to their sentences if they do not comply.
Maite Zaldivar, the ex-wife Munoz, is another member of the group, with her fine set at €1.7 million.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44