A SCOTTISH artist is creating a live production to back the Olive Press’ campaign against drink-spiking.
Actor Lucy McGreal, 32, who runs her own theatre company in Glasgow, plans to bring her show, involving dance, music and film to the Costa del Sol, next year.
McGreal was inspired to create the piece after reading about our campaign in the UK national press last month.
She had her own drink spiked in Fife 12 years ago on a night out.
She was rushed to hospital at serious risk of having a heart attack, and was found to have up to a dozen ecstasy tablets in her system.
“It was an emotional roller coaster,” she told the Olive Press. “The weeks following were horrific. Nightmares, panic attacks and interviews with the police who told my mum that I probably took it myself.
“I have had meetings with NHS Glasgow and community safety Glasgow, and the NHS confirmed that there is no official after-support system in place for victims of spiking.”
She continued: “I am completely on board with you on what needs to be done and good luck with your brave campaign.
“I want this to be more than a theatre show but also a product that can be used in making people realise that this does happen, and victims need a voice and support.”
The Olive Press will be promoting the tour and is set to appear on Marbella town hall’s official radio station MiMarbella on Friday at 3.30pm to discuss the campaign.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05