My name is Claire and I have been living in the province of Almeria for the past ten years.
I was born and raised in the UK, but when I was ten my parents decided that a change of scenery was needed. They had also become disgruntled with life in the UK – so we upped and moved to the sunny Mediterranean.
Since moving to Spain I have become fluent in the native language and made a great group of friends. I’ve also completed my secondary education as well as the Spanish Sixth Form (Bachillerato).
Life in Spain has had its ups and downs. There were times when I hated living in a different country, and like many teenagers struggling with growing up, I took the attitude of not caring.
But I can safely say now that I love living in Spain – it’s opened my eyes to a new culture, language and a very hot climate.
It’s nice to tell people I live in Costa de Almeria, with its beautiful sandy beaches and amazing architecture. No wonder it’s one of the Top 20 places to live!
- Stop blaming Europe - 7 Jun, 2016 @ 22:08
- Europe: In or out? - 8 Mar, 2016 @ 09:24
- Bye bye Mr Negativity - 17 Jan, 2016 @ 18:10
- Humid not hot! - 16 Sep, 2015 @ 16:50
- Don’t mind me, I’m just shy - 11 Jul, 2015 @ 11:26
- San Juan festival in Spain - 8 Jun, 2015 @ 08:44
- Decision time! - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 17:27
- A young cosmopolitan stuck in a Spanish village - 25 Feb, 2015 @ 22:38
- A New Year but same old ways - 6 Jan, 2015 @ 11:39
- Lights, Camera, Action for Almeria! - 26 Nov, 2014 @ 17:14