AN expat artist is all set for her debut solo exhibition in La Cala de Mijas.
Nena Jacques, who has lived in Mijas Costa for nine years, has exhibited work in Spain and Bahrain, but this will be the first show to feature her work exclusively.
The collection of 20 paintings will open at the Hotel Carmen on the evening of December 13 and will run until January 10. Entrance is free.
“I get immense pleasure from people seeing and appreciating my work and when I see my paintings hanging proudly in somebody else’s home and becoming part of their lives,” said Nena.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05