THE Spanish film star has said that Hollywood is not responsible for the pressures put on women to combat aging.
The 54-year-old blames society, not Hollywood, for the obsession it has with women looking young, but admits that men have it easier than women in Hollywood.
He said: “There’s a social convention that allows men to grow older and not be so criticized and pushed about beauty, and for women it’s different.”
Banderas, who is originally from Malaga, has previously spoken out against plastic surgery, saying he finds grey hair and wrinkles ‘interesting’.
Having called time on his 18-year marriage with Melanie Griffith, 57, last summer, he is now dating 34-year-old Nicole Kimpel.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25