MIRIAM Gonzalez, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg’s wife, has said she is at a disadvantage compared to her political contemporaries as she only has one kitchen.
After last week’s international press descended on Ed Miliband and his wife Justine when their modest pantry was presented as a family kitchen, Gonzalez showed she had a sense of humour.
The Spaniard, born in Valladolid, was being interviewed for the campaign Inspiring Women to encourage young girls to achieve.
She said: “I feel at a disadvantage talking about the kitchens because I only have one kitchen!
“And I don’t even have a sofa in the kitchen.”
She admitted that she is far better at cooking than the Liberal Democrat party leader and said that what initially drew her to him was his looks.
“Flamenco came afterwards,” she finished.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25