A SPANISH couple suffered a racially aggravated assault in York, famous for being one of Britain’s most picturesque, tourist-friendly cities.
A manhunt ensues for a group of men who repeatedly punched and kicked a 24-year-old Spanish man and held his 29-year-old girlfriend down during the attack.
The ten-minute assault took place in the centre of the city and only stopped when a passing taxi driver stepped in.
The male victim suffered a broken jaw, extensive bruising and chipped teeth and was treated at York Hospital.
The group of five men were described as white, in their twenties with short or shaven hair, and the police are eager to trace them.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25