A GROUP of key British businesses are lobbying for the UK to remain in the EU.
Bosses of defence company BAE systems, as well as BT and WPP, are among dozens of blue chip companies fighting to keep the UK in Europe.
It comes after David Cameron won the British general election opening the door to a promised in-out referendum for 2017.
BT boss, Gavin Patterson, claims an EU exit would threaten key deals with Spain, France and Germany. “The EU is a positive thing for business,” he said.
A study by German firm Bertelsmann estimated a ‘Brexit’ could lose the UK economy €300bn, a whopping 14% of the country’s GDP.
Meanwhile, the boss of bank Goldman Sachs, Michael Sherwood, said he felt ‘confident’ Cameron would restore faith in the EU.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36