A WOMAN is facing life behind bars for the brutal murder of a pensioner in Rincon de la Victoria.
The unidentified 60-year-old woman has been found guilty of stabbing and slitting the throat of 70-year-old Dolores Ruiz in broad daylight in December 2013.
The murder happened on La Cala del Moral’s promenade and is believed to have taken place following an argument over a €4,000 debt owed for jewellery.
The convicted – described as blonde and of average height – allegedly stole her victim’s handbag and jewellery, including a €2,500 gold watch, before fleeing the scene with her hands covering her face.
The prosecution has requested a life sentence is handed out.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36