IT has certainly been a colourful 31 years for estate agent Sven Kallstrom.
Aside from being a TV property expert in Sweden and the author of three books, he has run property exhibitions around Europe… oh, and sold a whole raft of homes on the Costa del Sol to boot.
And things are getting even better for the boss of Alamo real estate which has seen a decent rise in sales over the past two years.
“Sales have been booming since last summer and have gone through the roof since the new year,” he explains.
“In fact in the first five months of this year we sold more houses than we did in the whole of 2014.”
Now – unlike his name-sake, former England manager (messer Goran Eriksson) – he is hoping to win the hearts of Brits buying abroad.
“At the moment, most of our clients are from Scandinavia,” he explains. “But we speak a number of languages and I believe that now is the time to branch out and reach a wider audience.
“I would now like to expand into the English market and I want English buyers to know that I am here and want to help them find their dream home.”
Sven set up his current venture in 2009 in Fuengirola after cashing in on his former company Fair Media.
And it is his experience, both of the area and the property market, that makes him one of the most reputable agents on the coast.
“At Fair Media, I was running the biggest property exhibition company in Europe,” Sven explains.
“We were putting on 10 to 12 exhibitions a year, which was far greater than anyone else was doing.
“I became the go-to guy in Scandinavia for updates on the Spanish property market and I still get regularly interviewed by TV channels for my expert insight.”
And his knowledge is undeniable. Published in Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian, his trilogy of travel books Move to Spain, Dreaming about Spain and Footsteps to Spain have sold over 30,000 copies.
Highlighting the dos and don’ts of Costa del Sol life for Scandinavians dreaming of a life in the sun, Sven explains that he wrote his books because he wished he had the same advice when he moved to Fuengirola 31 years ago.
Alamo caters for a range of properties along the Costa del Sol from Nerja to Estepona. And with an office just opened in Nerja and plans for a Marbella office in the pipeline, Sven’s team is growing quickly.
With properties ranging from €100,000 into the multi-millions, Alamo has a property to suit all sorts of buyers.
To visit Alamo, their main office is in the centre of Fuengirola just beside the train station and Merca Centro.
For more information visit www.alamointernational.com or call 952 46 95 19
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36