INVESTMENT in Spain’s hotel sector is going through the roof.
The nation’s hotels are attracting ‘unprecedented’ levels of interest from buyers at home and overseas, according to financial advisor CBRE.
Middle Eastern, Asian and US backers have already been splashing the cash and the total investment is set to reach record levels.
The current record-holding year was 2006 when €1.6 billion was invested in Spain’s hotels.
Although official figures for 2015 are not yet available, a CBRE spokesman said ‘the industry is on course for its best ever year’.
A boost in the country’s economy as well as reinvigorated interest in Spain’s tourist hotspots has been attributed to the boom.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36