ONE busy day at The Pink Geranium restaurant I took a call from Lord Brocket (owner of Brocket Hall estate, home of several UK prime ministers and Lord Melbourne).
In a spot of bother he said could do with a chat about the Hall. It turned out that Lord Brocket had buried his Ferrari collection in the grounds of Brocket Hall to claim some insurance money and he needed to lease the Estate to protect it else it may be in danger of repossession.
Anyway, after many discussions with the management we agreed that I should run the golf club restaurant and operate the weddings.
So on the launch day we invited all the local high and mighty.
One of the dishes on the tasting menu was Iberico Pork which I cooked nice and pink with Moscatel sultanas.
So here is my recipe for perfectly cooked Iberico Pork which is free range and fed on acorns and no chance of any worries of Salmonella so you can and should eat it pink! Enjoy.
Ingredients for 4
2 x 400grm approx. fillets of Iberico pork
1 small pack of Moscatel sultanas (approx. 150grm) soaked in cooking Brandy for an hour or so.
250 ml of red wine sauce (red wine stock made from gravy granules with garlic red wine and onion and passed through a sieve )
Squeeze of honey
Squeeze of half a lemon
Olive oil for frying
Half a wine glass of red wine
50 grm of unsalted butter
A dessert spoon of double cream ( Nata para Cocina)
Fresh tarragon leaves for garnish
1 tablespoon of Barbeque seasoning
Maldon salt and black pepper to taste
Trim the sinew off the pork fillet and season it with BBQ seasoning, salt and pepper
Add sultanas to brandy marinade juices and red wine and reduce until thick
Pan fry the pork (or BBQ) until brown and reduce the heat and cook for five mins turning all the time
Add honey, butter and cream to the sauce
Cut the pork into medallions
Serve and pour the sauce around and drizzle a little over. The pork should be medium pink verging on medium rare.
Finally sprinkle some tarragon leaves on and around the dish.
- Addams family spring to mind in Halloween themed meals at award-winning restaurant - 15 Oct, 2017 @ 13:49
- Fiesta food from Steven Saunders - 2 May, 2016 @ 14:03
- Steven Saunders reveals… the ultimate recipe for perfect paella - 21 Apr, 2016 @ 17:08
- A ‘pud’ with X-mas Factor - 30 Nov, 2015 @ 10:23
- Bend it like Beckham! - 17 Nov, 2015 @ 10:45
- A walk on the wild side - 5 Nov, 2015 @ 11:11
- Chocplay - 20 Oct, 2015 @ 13:52
- Steak for a Sheik - 8 Oct, 2015 @ 11:52
- A dish fit for a Queen… and her son! - 18 Sep, 2015 @ 17:09
- If I were a chef - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 08:30