A MAN who barricaded himself inside a Torre del Mar bar with a shotgun has handed himself over to police.
Puerto Rican expat Gustavo Sanchez threatened to ‘blow up’ two gas cylinders inside the Lomia bar over a dispute with neighbours.
The bar is on the ground floor of a six-storey apartment block.
The residents of the block have complained about the restaurant making excessive noise at night and have campaigned for its closure.
Police cordoned off the area at 11.45 after the man took refuge inside Lomia bar.
It is unconfirmed if there are any hostages.
Fire fighters and ambulances are also at the scene.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36