KEY Costa del Sol gangland figure Gary Hutch has been shot dead.
Right-hand man to Irish drug lord Christy Kinahan, Hutch, 34, was assassinated in his swimming pool at the Miraflores complex near Marbella.
A previous attempt to bump off Hutch last year resulted in the accidental shooting of British boxer Jamie Moore, when assassins mistook Moore for Hutch.
Police are searching for the gunman who reportedly fled the scene in a balaclava and gloves after shooting Hutch three times.
The car he was driving was found burnt out in Cabopino in Marbella.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36