SPAIN’S ten most popular chefs on social media have been revealed – but the Spanish owners of the World’s Best Restaurant Award are not on the list.
Basque chef Karlos Arguinano comes in at number one, with over 1.3 million followers on Facebook, Twitter, Google and Instagram.
His sister Eva comes in second with 653,000 fans, with the siblings’ television profile ensuring they a vast army of followers.
However, the Roca brothers, who own El Celler de Can Roca, are not on the list, with their world-renowned Catalan restaurant keeping a low social media profile.
Madrid maestro Alberto Chicote is in third place with his blend of traditional recipes and innovative styles earning him 584,000 fans.
Three-Michelin star bearer Martin Berasategui’s sophisticated Basque fare is fourth, while food writer and cook David de Jorge, better knows as Robin Food, rounds off the top five with 325,000 social media followers.
Jordi Cruz, Bruno Oteiza, Quique Dacosta, David Munoz and Juan Mari Arzak make up the remaining five places.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00