A LEADING marine rescue firm has arrived in Gibraltar.
Florida’s Resolve Marine Group has announced a deal to set up a base on the Rock, and thus become one of the largest emergency response operators in Europe and Africa.
Resolve can now provide first class maritime fire and emergency response services in the region, as well as oil pollution control.
One of the largest emergency response tugs in the market, the Resolve Blizzard, is now also based in Gibraltar.
A Resolve Academy is also in the pipeline, which will train up the next generation of professional marine rescuers and port firefighters.
Resolve Marine Group President Joe Farrell said: “Not only will this new station be onhand to support HMGOG and the Port Authority, we will also be responding to emergencies worldwide.
“Gibraltar’s strategic location, stable modern governance and thriving economy are many of the benefits we have identified during our decision process.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44