EVERYONE from housewives to football fans will be crying into their stocking after TV heartthrob Ben Shepherd prematurely announced a Christmas visit to the Rock.
The presenter caused havoc when he told viewers on ITV’s This Morning that he was set to turn on the Christmas lights in Gibraltar this year.
In fact, the presenter, who also works for Sky Sports, jumped the gun, mistaking a caller’s invite as a genuine request.
Having never turned on Christmas lights anywhere in the world, Shepherd revealed ‘I’m going to Gibraltar’ after an alleged ‘official invite’ came in over the phones.
However, the Gibraltar government and Shepherd’s agent have both since confirmed to the Olive Press that no official invite had been made and Shepherd would not, in fact, be turning on the lights.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36