PRINCE and the Foo Fighters have cancelled high-profile Spanish concerts in the wake of the Paris terrorist attacks.
Prince is cutting short his European tour, which included a date at Barcelona’s Teatro Liceu, after at least 129 people were murdered by Islamists in the French capital.
Dave Grohl’s band announced their gig in Barcelona was one of four being abandoned following the outrage.
A statement on the band’s Facebook page said: “In light of this senseless violence, the closing of borders, and international mourning, we can’t continue right now.
“There is no other way to say it. This is crazy and it sucks.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00