TWO Christmas concerts will be performed by the Collegium Musicum on the Costa del Sol in the run up to the festive season under their director of music, Annamaria Philipps, and with soloists Julie-Anne Hunter (soprano) and trumpeter Angel San Bartolomé Cortes.
The first of these is at a new venue for them, of Hotel IPV Palace and Spa (Beatriz) Fuengirola on Sunday, 13 December 13 at 19:00h. Tickets €10 concessions €8 with the possibility of meeting all the performers after the concert at a drinks and tapas get-together for €15.
The second performance is at the familiar venue of Iglesia de la Encarnación in Marbella old town on Tuesday, 15 December 15 at 20:30h and is free.
Many well know works have been chosen to make this a joyous event including works from Rondeau’s A Christmas Symphony, Let the Bright Seraphim from Handel’s Eternal Source of Light Divine (a real tear jerker!) and his, Zadok the Priest. Anderson, Gounod, Adams and Bach also feature in program.
So get into the Christmas Spirit, pop along to the Hotel IPV Palace & Spa “Beatriz” near the castle in Fuengirola (A7 km. 206) or to the Marbella old town church.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14