REAL Madrid have been booted out of the Copa del Rey for fielding an ineligible player.
The La Liga giants played Denis Cheryshev in the cup tie against Cadiz.
But the Russian winger shouldn’t have played due to three bookings he picked up while on loan at Villarreal last season.
The yellow cards led to Cheryshev’s suspension from the competition, meaning he should have missed the Cadiz tie, in which he scored and Real Madrid won 3-1.
Rafa Benitez’s side are expected to appeal the decision, and may take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00