MUSCULAR pain and tension can be a thing of the past without a single stretch required!
Somatics is a way to release chronic muscular pain and tension by performing simple movements anyone can do. It is an active learning process allowing your body to move freely, creating new and improved movement patterns and natural posture.
The Somatics movements re-produce the three natural stress reflex patterns our bodies ‘take hold of’ and help us to let go of them. They are corrective ‘exercises’ that retrain your brain to retain your muscles by gently working via the nervous system.
Most chronic muscular pain is down to ‘sensory-motor amnesia’. What this means is that muscles have simply forgotten how to let go and relax to their full resting length due to the way we habitually sit, stand and move, or through accidents or injuries.
Years of developing poor movement patterns start to take their toll and then we are often mistakenly told it’s down to getting old! In fact, we have merely subconsciously learnt to hold our bodies tight, which brings on back, neck, shoulder and hip pain. The good news is, these learned patterns can be reversed.
Unfortunately no amount of stretching, rolling or massaging will get the muscle to remember where it used to be. Sure, these moves feel great to do but muscles are controlled by the brain so it is at the brain level that we need to teach them to let go. The moves are very easy and relaxing to do, you are in control of your movements guided by your coach.
Group classes and private home visits are available at www.somaticsgibraltar.com
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05