ALGECIRAS Town Hall is facing tough questions about ‘sewage waste’ running across a beach into the sea.
While the town hall insists the runoff water at El Rinconcillo is ‘just rainwater’, Algeciras Sí Se Puede claims it is sewage discharge.
The anti-corruption party are now considering taking legal action after water tests ‘prove’ it is wastewater.
“The laboratory samples collected reveal a high pollution level, and we consider the waters to be highly contaminated,” a Algeciras Si Se Puede spokesman said. “The results leave no room for doubt, it is wastewater.”
However, the town hall argues that their testing has revealed nothing untoward.
“From our tests we are assured that the water is just rainwater and not wastewater,” a town hall spokesman said.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36