THE very reverend Dr Peter Miln – or Padre Peter as he is affectionately known on the coast – is no ordinary priest.
The charismatic 72-year-old cleric originally from London officiates over weddings for people of all faiths, or none, across Spain.
From Barcelona to Santiago de Compostela, and even as far away as Florida, Padre Peter has created unforgettable ceremonies for couples for decades.
He has also officiated at many exclusive weddings, such as at the son of Rick Parfitt’s in a ‘stunning’ ceremony in Malaga in 2014.
But he is very discreet about the other big names he has dealt with.
The retired Christian Orthodox priest is known for his bright and witty style, allowing couples to play an active part in planning the ceremony, and has already been booked up to officiate at 57 blessings this year.
Peter who lives with his wife of 49 years in Campanillas near Malaga believes ‘If the Church is going anywhere, we have to meet people on their own ground’.
His amazingly inclusive style means he has married mixed religion couples with his ‘blessings’ rather than legal ceremonies.
“I am very comfortable with celebrating two different traditions within one ceremony – there’s only one God after all,” he explains.
“And equally, I am quite happy if people want no mention of God, the ceremony can still be deeply spiritual and uplifting.”
Contact him on [email protected] for more information.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05