RAFAEL Nadal has shot down rumours that he missed large parts of the 2012 season due to concerns he would test positive for a banned substance.
The Mallorcan’s claims came after the French secretary of sport, Roselyne Bachelot, accused Nadal of doping last week.
“I am a completely clean guy. I have never had the temptation of doing something wrong. When I get injury, I get injury. I never take nothing to be back quicker,” said Nadal.
“We know that Nadal’s famous seven-month injury was without a doubt due to a positive [drug test],” Bachelot said.
“When you see a tennis player who stops playing for long months, it is because he has tested positive and because they are covering it up.”
Nadal has never failed a drugs test.
- Read our latest newspapers: Andalucia, Mallorca, Costa Blanca & Gibraltar - 26 May, 2019 @ 09:35
- Meet Kaat Buelens, an expat Sabinillas restaurant owner and political underdog running to be your local councillor in Manilva - 25 May, 2019 @ 14:00
- Open letter from PP’s Javier Quero to people of Casares, as he bids to become mayor and ‘return Casares to its former glory’ - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:00
- WATCH: As featured in Olive Press, The Paradise Retreat that has won International Acclaim - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00