A SPANISH father and his husband have flown their surrogate daughter back to Spain after a 15-month legal battle in Thailand.
Manuel Santos and American Gordon Lake, both 41, won custody of their baby Carmen after the mother refused to hand her over when she realised they were gay.
The mother is alleged to have called the pair human traffickers, leading the same-sex couple to file a defamation suit, the trial of which will begin in May.
They said on Facebook: “Today is a big day for our family, we just started the journey for our family to be together after 16 months. Tomorrow we will be with our son Alvaro in our home with our family.”
The family reside in Valencia, but will soon return to Thailand to participate in the upcoming trial.
They said: “It’s been a plot to destroy a LGBT family with lies and tricks. We will come back soon because we won’t stop until they pay for all they have done to us.”
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31