AROUND 12.5% of Spanish workers are at risk of poverty or social exclusion.
New data from the Organizacion Internacional del Trabajo (OIT) shows the number increased by 1.6% between 2010 and 2014.
The 2016 global social and employment report recently found that 9.9% of employed workers are already facing poverty or exclusion, for the self employed that number rises to 25.5 %, representing an increase since 2010 of 1.5 and 1.2 per cent respectively.
It also found the overall risk of poverty rate in Spain is 22.2 %, 2.5 points more than in 2007.
That figure rises above 30% for the under 24`s.
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10