EUROPEAN capitals projected the Union Jack onto their monuments and buildings last night in solidarity with the Vote Remain camp.
Poland’s Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw adorned the flag to show support, alongside the Eiffel tower in Paris and Madrid’s Cybele palace.
the Tate Modern and Millienium bridge in London also projected the flag as the remain and leave camps prepared for a frantic final day of campaigning.
German newspaper Der Speigel pleaded for Brits to vote remain last week, with ‘Please don’t go’ plastered on a Union Jack in English and German.
The British public go to the polls today in what has been described as the decision of a generation.
Polls suggest it will come down to the wire, while the bookies still believe the Remain camp will come through, although they have reduced the betting odds in recent weeks.
The result will be known at around 5am on Friday morning.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40