EUROPEAN capitals projected the Union Jack onto their monuments and buildings last night in solidarity with the Vote Remain camp.
Poland’s Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw adorned the flag to show support, alongside the Eiffel tower in Paris and Madrid’s Cybele palace.
the Tate Modern and Millienium bridge in London also projected the flag as the remain and leave camps prepared for a frantic final day of campaigning.
German newspaper Der Speigel pleaded for Brits to vote remain last week, with ‘Please don’t go’ plastered on a Union Jack in English and German.
The British public go to the polls today in what has been described as the decision of a generation.
Polls suggest it will come down to the wire, while the bookies still believe the Remain camp will come through, although they have reduced the betting odds in recent weeks.
The result will be known at around 5am on Friday morning.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54