EUROPEAN capitals projected the Union Jack onto their monuments and buildings last night in solidarity with the Vote Remain camp.
Poland’s Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw adorned the flag to show support, alongside the Eiffel tower in Paris and Madrid’s Cybele palace.
the Tate Modern and Millienium bridge in London also projected the flag as the remain and leave camps prepared for a frantic final day of campaigning.
German newspaper Der Speigel pleaded for Brits to vote remain last week, with ‘Please don’t go’ plastered on a Union Jack in English and German.
The British public go to the polls today in what has been described as the decision of a generation.
Polls suggest it will come down to the wire, while the bookies still believe the Remain camp will come through, although they have reduced the betting odds in recent weeks.
The result will be known at around 5am on Friday morning.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20