SPANISH fashion mogul Amancio Ortega has been on a real estate shopping spree across the Atlantic.
Ortega, the founder of Inditex, the firm behind brands like Zara and Massimo Dutti, has most recently snapped up the Murray Hill hotel in New York for €61 million.
Boasting 205 rooms in 83,000 sq ft on Park Avenue, the neoclassical-style dwelling was built in 1928 and will now be operated by Spanish hotel company Grupo Iberostar.
Ortega bought a further two properties stateside last year through his property investment firm Ponte Gadea.
He splashed €130 million on an office building in New York’s Soho district in December, after buying up an entire block on Miami Beach for a cool €333 million.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31