A €3,000 bounty to ‘slice up’ convicted killer Dave Mahon has been accepted by his fellow inmates.
The 45-year-old has only served a month of his seven-year sentence for the manslaughter of his partner’s son, Dean Fitzpatrick.
But bosses at the Mountjoy Prison in Dublin are now keeping Mahon locked in his cell for 22 hours a day, noting a ‘very serious and credible threat’ to his safety.
Sources have revealed a group of inmates from Dublin’s Darndale and Coolock areas have accepted the money offer to ‘slice up’ Mahon, which is reported to have come from a northside gang.
“Mahon is under serious threat and money has been offered to slice him up and give him a severe hiding,” a source revealed.
“He is aware of the threat and it is being treated as very credible by prison staff in Mountjoy. There are a number of fellows who are determined to get him. He is in very serious bother.
“Mahon is hated by a number of criminal factions in the jail, especially because of how he killed Dean Fitzpatrick,” the source added.
Father-of-one Dean, 23, was the older brother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick, who disappeared from Spain in 2008.
Since returning to jail after leaving for a hip operation, the threats against Mahon are said to have intensified.
Mahon, who is eager for a transfer, has been placed under a special protection regime, meaning he can only leave his cell for two hours per day.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22