A €3,000 bounty to ‘slice up’ convicted killer Dave Mahon has been accepted by his fellow inmates.
The 45-year-old has only served a month of his seven-year sentence for the manslaughter of his partner’s son, Dean Fitzpatrick.
But bosses at the Mountjoy Prison in Dublin are now keeping Mahon locked in his cell for 22 hours a day, noting a ‘very serious and credible threat’ to his safety.
Sources have revealed a group of inmates from Dublin’s Darndale and Coolock areas have accepted the money offer to ‘slice up’ Mahon, which is reported to have come from a northside gang.
“Mahon is under serious threat and money has been offered to slice him up and give him a severe hiding,” a source revealed.
“He is aware of the threat and it is being treated as very credible by prison staff in Mountjoy. There are a number of fellows who are determined to get him. He is in very serious bother.
“Mahon is hated by a number of criminal factions in the jail, especially because of how he killed Dean Fitzpatrick,” the source added.
Father-of-one Dean, 23, was the older brother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick, who disappeared from Spain in 2008.
Since returning to jail after leaving for a hip operation, the threats against Mahon are said to have intensified.
Mahon, who is eager for a transfer, has been placed under a special protection regime, meaning he can only leave his cell for two hours per day.
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50