IT isn’t hard to imagine the horror when Billy Stevenson, 38, opened up his passport at Malaga airport to find his 12-year-old daughter’s mugshot staring back at him.
Fumbling in the dark at home, he had picked up the wrong ID in the scramble to make his 6.30am flight to Malaga from London Stansted.
However, the couple had not realised until they arrived at immigration at Malaga, insisting that their passports were not checked until they arrived at their destination.
“It wasn’t until we got to Spain we realised we had Ellen’s passport,” she said,
“We told border officials but they just kept asking how we don’t have it.
“The police took us down this corridor into the little police station and they kept asking where the child was.
“We were explaining she wasn’t with us, she was at school.”
The couple’s romantic trip went properly south as they spent the majority of their time at the police station and trying to get the correct passport over.
Luckily the pair had friends flying to Malaga for a stag do who were able to bring the correct one.
A Ryanair spokesman said it is ‘the responsibility of each passenger to ensure they travel on their own passport,’ adding that they ‘regret’ their handler failed to notice.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22