IT isn’t hard to imagine the horror when Billy Stevenson, 38, opened up his passport at Malaga airport to find his 12-year-old daughter’s mugshot staring back at him.
Fumbling in the dark at home, he had picked up the wrong ID in the scramble to make his 6.30am flight to Malaga from London Stansted.
However, the couple had not realised until they arrived at immigration at Malaga, insisting that their passports were not checked until they arrived at their destination.
“It wasn’t until we got to Spain we realised we had Ellen’s passport,” she said,
“We told border officials but they just kept asking how we don’t have it.
“The police took us down this corridor into the little police station and they kept asking where the child was.
“We were explaining she wasn’t with us, she was at school.”
The couple’s romantic trip went properly south as they spent the majority of their time at the police station and trying to get the correct passport over.
Luckily the pair had friends flying to Malaga for a stag do who were able to bring the correct one.
A Ryanair spokesman said it is ‘the responsibility of each passenger to ensure they travel on their own passport,’ adding that they ‘regret’ their handler failed to notice.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26