SCOTLAND’S €14 billion euros worth of exports to the EU are under threat following Brexit.
A new report by Holyrood researchers has revealed that its manufacturing, food and drink and financial services could be dealt a devastating blow if the country is forced to leave the Single Market.
The report said: “According to the figures for 2009-2013, Scotland had the highest share of its business economy accounted for by European companies of any UK country or region, with nearly one in every six pounds in the Scottish business economy generated by companies based in the rest of Europe.”
Some 65% of Scottish companies believe leaving the EU will have a negative impact on their business.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33