A MANHUNT is underway after a Scottish grandfather was mowed down and killed by a hit and run in near Alicante.
A British-plated white Land Rover hit Robert Sneddon, 61, as he was walking along a main road in the Guardarmar del Segura in Costa Blanca.
The driver abandoned the vehicle following the incident just after 10.30pm on Sunday.
It is believed there were also passengers in the car.
Robert’s daughter Mandy said in a Facebook post: “I am the daughter of the man left dead on the N-332 like an animal.
“I came on holiday for the summer so my little girl could spend time with her granddad.
“It was the worst news I have ever had to break or hear.
“If anyone knows anything or can think of anything relevant please tell the police. The smallest detail may help.
“And to the person or people responsible. If you reading this, please come forward.
“You’ll have this on your conscience for the rest of your life. My dad’s rearranged face will haunt me for the rest of my life. My family wants closure. Please. RIP dad.”
No arrests have been made but the Guardia Civil have urged the driver to come forward, vowing: “Sooner rather than later we will catch you.”
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35