A HOST of talented DJs have been lined up for the re-launch of Costa del Sol radio station Castle Radio FM.
Just five years after launching in his bedroom, founder Andrew Charles has opened a new state-of-the-art studio in Duquesa port as Castle Radio becomes a commercial radio station.
A number of experienced DJs on the Costa del Sol have been drafted in, including Olive Press head of sales Chris Birkett who enjoyed a decade-long career as a live DJ in Mallorca in the noughties.
“I am excited to be bringing one of the only late night English language shows to the coast,” said Chris. “I will be playing great music and hope to get some good debate going on the Last Word.”
Also coming on board is station manager Sid Olivera, who has over 35 years of radio experience.
“The challenges of starting a new commercial radio station and training new presenters in the art of broadcasting, is just about as exciting as it gets and at the risk of sounding a little bit cheesy, it’s like giving back to an industry that has given me so much pleasure for 35 years and continues to do so,” Sid said.
Tune in tonight on 89.2 or on-line at http://www.castleradiofm.com between 10pm and Midnight for a special Olive Press show.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09