A HOST of talented DJs have been lined up for the re-launch of Costa del Sol radio station Castle Radio FM.
Just five years after launching in his bedroom, founder Andrew Charles has opened a new state-of-the-art studio in Duquesa port as Castle Radio becomes a commercial radio station.
A number of experienced DJs on the Costa del Sol have been drafted in, including Olive Press head of sales Chris Birkett who enjoyed a decade-long career as a live DJ in Mallorca in the noughties.
“I am excited to be bringing one of the only late night English language shows to the coast,” said Chris. “I will be playing great music and hope to get some good debate going on the Last Word.”
Also coming on board is station manager Sid Olivera, who has over 35 years of radio experience.
“The challenges of starting a new commercial radio station and training new presenters in the art of broadcasting, is just about as exciting as it gets and at the risk of sounding a little bit cheesy, it’s like giving back to an industry that has given me so much pleasure for 35 years and continues to do so,” Sid said.
Tune in tonight on 89.2 or on-line at http://www.castleradiofm.com between 10pm and Midnight for a special Olive Press show.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19