FOUR Spaniards and a Moroccan man were arrested yesterday for promoting and glorifying Islamist militancy on Facebook.
The group used the Facebook page ‘Islam en Español’ to glorify the actions of Islamic State in Syria and Iraq.
The page has promoted the significance of ‘martyrs’ and individual Jihad, and has 32,000 Spanish speaking followers.
It continues to gain around 500 followers each week.
Spain’s Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diaz described the site as an ‘active and dangerous’ terrorist cell which promotes Jihadism.
The arrests were made in Germany, Melilla, Barcelona and Brussels in Belgium.
The news comes after an ISIS supporter who had tried to cross into Syria was arrested in Murcia last week.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26