SPANISH police have confirmed that the Brazilian family found hacked to death in central Spain last month were murdered by a nephew.
Investigators had first thought the horrific massacre was a settling of scores over drug debts, but the couple and their two small children were in fact assassinated by the father’s 20-year-old nephew, Patrick Nogueira.
Nogueira, a Brazilian citizen, has been described as ‘violent and unstable’ and is already back in Brazil having returned on a flight from Spain shortly after the bodies were found.
Spain released an international arrest warrant for the youngster, but the Guardia Civil are accusing Brazilian authorities of letting him ‘walk away free’ as they let the suspect go after briefly taking a statement.
“We have no doubt whatsoever that it was him, François Patrick Nogueira, the victims’ nephew,” said Civil Guard Commander Reyes at a press conference held on Wednesday in Guadalajara, “We have a large amount of evidence.”
He expressed disappointment at how police in Nogueira’s home town of Joao Pessoa, in Paraiba, let him go despite the overwhelming evidence.
The young man was described as having ‘a psychotic personality’ and is said to have ‘seriously attacked a teacher in Brazil while still underage.’
Reports say he stabbed her in an attempt to kill her.
The remains of the nephew’s family were found in a house in Pioz, in Guadalajara, in mid-September.
Authorities believe they had been there for around a month.
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36