SPANISH police have confirmed that the Brazilian family found hacked to death in central Spain last month were murdered by a nephew.
Investigators had first thought the horrific massacre was a settling of scores over drug debts, but the couple and their two small children were in fact assassinated by the father’s 20-year-old nephew, Patrick Nogueira.
Nogueira, a Brazilian citizen, has been described as ‘violent and unstable’ and is already back in Brazil having returned on a flight from Spain shortly after the bodies were found.
Spain released an international arrest warrant for the youngster, but the Guardia Civil are accusing Brazilian authorities of letting him ‘walk away free’ as they let the suspect go after briefly taking a statement.
“We have no doubt whatsoever that it was him, François Patrick Nogueira, the victims’ nephew,” said Civil Guard Commander Reyes at a press conference held on Wednesday in Guadalajara, “We have a large amount of evidence.”
He expressed disappointment at how police in Nogueira’s home town of Joao Pessoa, in Paraiba, let him go despite the overwhelming evidence.
The young man was described as having ‘a psychotic personality’ and is said to have ‘seriously attacked a teacher in Brazil while still underage.’
Reports say he stabbed her in an attempt to kill her.
The remains of the nephew’s family were found in a house in Pioz, in Guadalajara, in mid-September.
Authorities believe they had been there for around a month.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29