THE family of missing expat Lisa Brown have travelled to Spain one year on from her disappearance.
Mother Catherine, 71, and Helen Jordan, 50, flew to Andalucia on Friday to mark the tragic anniversary.
The Scottish mother-of-one, who was due to start a new job at a Gibraltar gambling company, was reported missing when she failed to collect her son, Marco, from school.
Thirty-three-year-old Lisa’s ex-boyfriend, Simon Corner, 34 is currently in an Algeciras jail while police conduct investigations.
Lisa’s brother Craig Douglas, 46, admitted the pain of her loss is taking a heavy toll on her family.
“I struggle with my emotions — sometimes I cry when I’m alone but it’s not because I’m embarrassed anyone will see me,” he said.
“There is no shame in loving and missing someone.
“But I truly believe one day we will all be together again.
“Until then I hope I can stay strong because I know there are others that need me.”
He also praised the efforts of Spanish police as the family waits to hear when Corner will go on trial.
Six other men have been arrested by the police over Lisa’s disappearance.
Craig said: “The level of work put in by police has been absolutely phenomenal.
“They have spent more on this case than they would have for a Spanish national — we put our trust in them.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00