THE Rincon de la Victoria health centre is the most ‘under pressure’ centre in the whole of Malaga province.
The Comisiones Obreras union (CCOO) has said it would have to hire at least four more doctors and nurses just to reach the lowest advisable doctor-patient ratio of 1,500 patients per doctor.
Mounting pressure on the centre has been partly blamed on the town’s sharp increase in population, which has shot up by 11,139 people in the past 11 years.
This has meant a 35% population swell that has not been matched by an increase in human resources.
In fact, it has been more than ten years since the town performed a medical assessment quota.
CCOO said that the average number of individual health cards, which accounts for all persons with access to health services, leaves the likely doctor-patient ratio to be closer to 2,223 patients per professional.
This means that each doctor is seeing 700 more people than recommended by the Andalucian Health Service.
The union has argued for the urgent opening of the Torre de Benagalbón office in a bid to alleviate pressure in Rincon de la Victoria.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22