ONE of Spain’s top female golfers has changed her trainer to up her game in 2017.
Azahara Muñoz has left Sevillano Marcelo Prieto for Bob Lohr, an American professional and former winner of the PGA Tour.
But she revealed in a blog that the decision was mostly taken by Prieto, who felt the change would be better for her game.
“We parted after the Spanish Open”, said Muñoz, who thanked Prieto for his work.
“It was a very difficult decision.
“In fact, it was more of his idea than mine, and that only shows the honesty he has.
“He told me that he thought it was the best thing for my career, that I needed fresh air.”
Muñoz finished 2016 in 50th place in the global Rolex Ranking.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09